Liquid Laundry Soap
3 Pints Water
1/3 bar Fels Naptha Soap, grated
1/2 cup Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer, NOT baking soda though!!)
1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
2 Gallon bucket to mix it in
1 Quart hot water
Mix Fels Naptha soap in a saucepan with 3 pints hot water and heat on low until dissolved. Stir in Washing Soda and Borax. Stir until thickened, and remove from heat. Add 1 Quart Hot Water to 2 gallon Bucket. Add soap mixture, and mix well. Fill bucket with hot water, and mix well. Set aside for 24 hours, or until mixture thickens. Use 1/2 cup of mixture per load.
NOTE: This will not make lots of bubbles! You can find the Fels Naptha soap in the laundry aisle. For those in my city, I get the washing soda and Fels Naptha soap at Kroger because I can’t find it anywhere else. If you can’t find it you can use Ivory or the soap you like. You can also add a few drops of essential oil to make a fragrant laundry soap.
THIS STUFF IS WONDERFUL! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO STORE-BOUGHT LAUNDRY SOAP!
Powdered Laundry Detergent
1 cup grated Fels Naptha Soap
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup 20 mule team borax
Mix and store in airtight container or bag. For light loads, use 1 tablespoon. For heavy loads, use 2 tablespoons. (I have not personally tried this one because I like liquid laundry soap since I wash in cold water.)
- Homemade Laundry Soap Recipes (momsdollars.wordpress.com)
- Make a Year Supply of Laundry Soap for Less than $20 (completeherbalguide.com)
- Laundry Soap UPDATE for Top Load HE!! (imperfectmommi.wordpress.com)
- Easy Penny Pinching Laundry Soap (jrcathome.wordpress.com)
- How To Make Laundry Soap-Detergent (patriotnetdaily.com)
- Five Gallons of Awesomeness (mrsfarmerdill.wordpress.com)