Today marks one year since I had my last period! Woohoo!!
After starting perimenopause 13 years ago, I have finally crossed over to the other side of menopause and I did it with all of my organs still intact!!!! Now, if you know about my family’s history, you will understand why that is a HUGE thing for me! In my mom’s family, there were six girls + my granny. ALL of them had their female organs removed. If I remember correctly, only ONE other female cousin of mine (and there are many cousins in our family), made it to the other side with all organs intact. One aunt and one cousin died from ovarian cancer. Now you can see why this is truly a day to celebrate.
- Ovarian cancer, the silent killer (toledoblade.com)
- Ovarian cancer – facts, figures and hope for the future (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Girl, 7, recovering from ovarian cancer returns to her beloved gymnastics club (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Menopause at 70? Freeze Ovary at 35 (freshwaddabrooks.com)
- The Most Common Causes of Hot Flashes After Menopause (izhealthy.wordpress.com)
- Hormonal changes in menopause: Is it all downhill from here? (neuroendoimmune.wordpress.com)
- Menopause: Shhh, It’s Taboo – 8 Reasons Why (dangerouslee.biz)
- How Long Does Menopause Last (rayandmartin.wordpress.com)
- What Is Perimenopause? (whattheflicka.com)