Since I have to work the weekend, I am off today. I had a very productive morning. First, I got the pleasure of sleeping in four hours, yet I was still up before 8:45. Within three hours, I managed to:
- Make over a gallon-sized container of my homemade Bisquik mix.
- Make my homemade brownie mix. (I made 1/2 it a few days ago, and realized I didn’t have enough baking powder to make the entire batch, so I finished it today.) It makes enough to do at least eight batches of brownies.
- Make 2 gallons of my homemade fabric softener. (That recipe will be posted within the next few days, so please check back if you want to see the recipe.)
- Work out for 30 minutes.
- Do a load of laundry.
- Take a nice, hot bath.
- Make smoothies for dd and myself.
- Wash the dishes.
We are still awaiting word as to whether or not my nephew has made it back from Afghanistan yet. We have a feeling his wife is going to keep it a secret, then just show up in town with him. Can’t say as I blame her if she does it that way. It will give them some much-needed time alone and give him a chance to get to know his baby, who was only a month old when he left.
We went out to eat at Five Guys last night. The food was quite expensive. Over $27 for three of us. 3 burgers, 3 drinks, and ONE large french fry. However, the atmosphere was quite fun. They had older rock music playing. Many of the songs were popular in the 80s when I was in high school. “Jessie’s Girl” came on and one of the workers was singing the chorus rather loudly. All of the workers seemed to be enjoying their work as well as enjoying bantering with their coworkers. Before we left, I approached two young men at the counter and asked, “Do we owe extra for being serenaded?” They laughed and said, “No, that’s free!” Then they promptly went to the worker who was singing and told him what I said. He got a laugh out of it. When I got home, I had to get on their company website and send a compliment in on the workers. I have never been in a business where the atmosphere was so much fun. Unfortunately, it was just too expensive for my tastes.
- Homemade Brownies (tatyanasseattlekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Brownies (scatterbrainedlass.wordpress.com)
- Easy Homemade Caramel Dip and a GIVEAWAY (backforsecondsblog.com)
- Homemade Pancakes (rguerrera2015.wordpress.com)
- Fudge Brownies with a secret ingredient (fitbowls.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Hippie Liquid Laundry Soap (arealfoodlover.wordpress.com)
- Rich Hazelnut Brownies (seitanismymotor.com)
- Homemade Laundry Detergent (katydidcountry.com)
- Brownie Deliciousness (kellyrunsforfood.com)
- Hockey Fuel Recipe: Peanut Butter Brownie Protein Smoothie (womenshockeyjournal.wordpress.com)