Whipped Body Butter
- 1/4 c. shea butter
- 2 Tbsp carrier oil (I used sweet almond and avocado)
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)
- 25 drops essential oil (optional)
10 drops of lavender essential oil
20 drops tea tree essential oil
1 tablespoon witch hazel
8 ounces of aloe vera gel
In a small glass place your essential oils then add witch hazel, swirl them around so they mix up. Add aloe vera gel and mix well.
- 1/4 c. aloe vera gel (as pure as you can get)
- 3/4 c. rubbing alcohol (at least 91%)
- 1/8 c. vegetable glycerin (optional) (if omitted, use an extra 1/8 c. aloe vera gel)
- 10 drops essential oil (cinnamon and sweet orange were my choices, but there’s a list of other ideas below) (optional)
Foamy hand sanitizer
I was looking for a recipe to do the foamy hand sanitizer since mine is out. Here is what I found:
- To make your sanitizer work, you will need a foaming dispenser, a small amount of liquid soap, and alcohol. Fill your bottle with ½ centimeter (about 1/4 inch) liquid hand soap and fill the rest of the bottle with isopropyl alcohol. You may even need less soap. Foaming hand dispensers vary in how much soap is necessary, so experiment a bit.
A Natural Alternative
- A study in the International Journal of Food Microbiology showed that lemon and vinegar were nearly as effective at reducing salmonella as alcohol. If you would like a natural alternative hand sanitizer, you could try filling your foam dispenser with a very small amount of liquid soap, with the rest of the bottle filled with a mixture of half lemon juice and half vinegar.
- The EO: Love Life. Live Clean: Hand Sanitizer Spray – WHAT WE THOUGHT OF IT (completeherbalguide.com)
I wanted to make a recipe binder that would have my most-used recipes in one place, and thus, making my life easier.
Here is the front:
I put tabs on the side to help me find the right sections:
I have even added my body care recipes and homemade cleaning recipes to the binder.
I wanted to dress up some of the inside to make it more “girlie.”
I just used scrapbooking pages for what the pages I wanted to “dress up.”
- Step #4 Menu Planning – Organizing Your Recipes (groceryshoppingdiva.wordpress.com)
- Recipe Organization (organizinglifewithlittles.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Recipes for Homemade Cleaners with this Free Printable (creativeorganizing.typepad.com)
- A Printable to Simplify Meal Planning (creativeorganizing.typepad.com)
Homemade Sugar Scrub
Get a small plastic container. Add a little canola oil (or baby oil) then add sugar and mix until sugar is wet. Continue alternating until the container is nearly full. A good consistency is 1 part oil to 2 parts sugar. I add about 7 drops of essential oil (from Bath and Body Works). The sweet cinnamon pumpkin smells wonderful. Close the container and let it set overnight. Check in the morning to see if there is a pool of oil on the top. If there is, add a little more sugar and let it set for a few hours. Use in the tub or shower. It will take care of that itchy, dry skin and leave your skin feeling silky smooth!
Homemade Shower Gel
• 1 c. shampoo
• 1/2 c water
• 1-1/2 T. salt
• 12-15 drops essential oil of your choice (Depending on the brand of shampoo you use, you may not need this because the shampoo may have enough sent on its own.)
• 1 vitamin E capsule
• food coloring, optional
Combine all ingredients in a container. Shake well to mix.