10 drops of lavender essential oil
20 drops tea tree essential oil
1 tablespoon witch hazel
8 ounces of aloe vera gel
In a small glass place your essential oils then add witch hazel, swirl them around so they mix up. Add aloe vera gel and mix well.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe
- 1/4 c. aloe vera gel (as pure as you can get)
- 3/4 c. rubbing alcohol (at least 91%)
- 1/8 c. vegetable glycerin (optional) (if omitted, use an extra 1/8 c. aloe vera gel)
- 10 drops essential oil (cinnamon and sweet orange were my choices, but there’s a list of other ideas below) (optional)
Pour everything into your food processor or blender and let it go on high for a minute or two. Bottle and use as you would any hand sanitizer. Keeps for 6 months or more.
Here is a great website that shows a lot of ways to use alternative cleaners without all of the harsh chemicals.
1/4 cup commercial liquid fabric softener
1/4 cup ammonia
2 cups water
Mix ingredients and store in a spray bottle. Spray liberally on the rug, your shoes, chair, desktop, or file cabinet, but do not spray directly onto your computer system.
2 c. baking soda, 1/2 c. cornstarch, 1 T. cloves. Sprinkle on carpet and leave overnight. Vacuum in the morning.
Here is a fantastic recipe for ORANGE VINEGAR. I haven’t tried it yet, but can’t wait to do so!
My Favorite Fabric Softener Recipe:
· 3 cups White Distilled Vinegar
· 2 cups Hair Conditioner (this works out to about the size of a full bottle of Suave)
· 6 cups Hot Water
Directions: Mix ingredients together and pour into a storage container. Use about 1/4 cup per load in the rinse cycle or in a Downy Ball.
2 cups cold water
1 cup baking soda
1 cup vinegar, either kind will do.
1. Place baking soda in LARGE bowl and pour vinegar over it; while it’s bubbling, pour cold water in and mix.
2. Store in sealed container and shake before using to combine all ingredients.
3. Add 1/4 cup of mixture during the last rinse cycle (Does not work well with a Downy ball.)
· 1 Gallon White Distilled Vinegar
· Optional: 25 -30 drops of Essential Oil for fragrance
Directions: Fill a Downy Ball as you regularly would or add 1/4 cup to the rinse cycle. If you like your clothes to have a lingering fragrance like traditional fabric softener, add essential oil to the gallon of vinegar. Be sure to mark your jug so you don’t accidentally grab it for another purpose.