While talking to several of my coworkers today, and giving many wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving, we couldn’t help but pause to remember those in our city who lost everything in the tornadoes that ripped through here less than two weeks ago. We couldn’t help but to acknowledge that we have MUCH to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- First and foremost, I am thankful for my Lord Jesus, who saved my soul.
- Second, I am thankful that there were no lives lost during the tornadoes here.
- I have a home — many in my city are now homeless.
- I have dirty dishes I can wash — many do not have any dishes.
- I have two loads of laundry to do — many do not even have clothing.
- I still have a freezer full of food — many lost all of their food when the power was out.
- I have a job — many do not since 30 businesses were completely destroyed by the tornadoes.
- Though my car is very old, I still have one — many lost their cars when they were destroyed in the tornado’s path.
- I have the pleasure of viewing photos of my family — many lost every photo they ever had.
- I have a family with whom I will gather tomorrow — many do not have a place to gather due to the storm. Others will feel the ache from spending their first holiday without a loved one who died earlier this year.
Yes, we have MUCH to be thankful for — we are truly blessed.
- The Little Things ….. (tootallfritz.com)
- Community still thankful after tornadoes (cinewsnow.com)
- Thanksgiving Playlist (commercestreetevents.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving and Underwear (kaktpgster.wordpress.com)