My Favorite Fabric Softener Recipe:
· 3 cups White Distilled Vinegar
· 2 cups Hair Conditioner (this works out to about the size of a full bottle of Suave)
· 6 cups Hot Water
Directions: Mix ingredients together and pour into a storage container. Use about 1/4 cup per load in the rinse cycle or in a Downy Ball.
2 cups cold water
1 cup baking soda
1 cup vinegar, either kind will do.
1. Place baking soda in LARGE bowl and pour vinegar over it; while it’s bubbling, pour cold water in and mix.
2. Store in sealed container and shake before using to combine all ingredients.
3. Add 1/4 cup of mixture during the last rinse cycle (Does not work well with a Downy ball.)
· 1 Gallon White Distilled Vinegar
· Optional: 25 -30 drops of Essential Oil for fragrance
Directions: Fill a Downy Ball as you regularly would or add 1/4 cup to the rinse cycle. If you like your clothes to have a lingering fragrance like traditional fabric softener, add essential oil to the gallon of vinegar. Be sure to mark your jug so you don’t accidentally grab it for another purpose.
- DIY Fabric Softener is Natural and Economical (directive21.com)
- Huge Demand to Repost This One!!! I Use (teamskinnyfiber.wordpress.com)
- Stop Throwing Your Money in the Dryer (coupons.answers.com)
- 10 Reasons To Use Vinegar in Your Laundry (completehealthcircle.com)
- DIY Laundry soap and fabric softener for laundry day. (motherofasapp.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Laundry stuff! (naomihomemade.wordpress.com)
- DIY Fabric Softener (blytheponytailparades.typepad.com)
- Laundry & Ironing (voilacleanersinlondon.wordpress.com)